17 December 2008

Cam Studio

This is from Google Video:



This is from Blip.tv:



Software: Cam Studio

Available: http://camstudio.org

Pros: This software was really easy to use. Very intuitive once everything was properly configured. Certainly worth any potential headache to avoid spending several hundred dollars on Camtasia. Honestly, it took me less time to configure this program than it did to configure the for-pay program.

Cons: It took about an hour to get everything configured and the most promising configurations -- those in the tutorials -- didn't work for me. I would end up with audio that was faster than my video, no video, no audio. But, playing around was easy -- I still don't know what many of the technical terms mean. However, a desire to (and an ability to) play around and not get too frustrated is a necessity if you're going to work with open source software. The video quality is not what I would want, but that could be Google video.

No comments: